Services: Weight Loss
Dr. Giaquinto has successfully helped many clients lose weight and improve their physical health. He assists people not only with losing weight but in developing a proper exercise program.
Dr. Giaquinto teaches his clients to:
- Overcome reluctance, resistance, and rebellion
- Motivate themselves daily
- Deal effectively with hunger and craving
- Eliminate emotional eating
- Respond to feelings of unfairness, disappointment, discouragement, and deprivation
- Recover right away from a dieting mistake
- Follow their plan, even when they don't feel like it
- Handle stressful situations and special occasions
- Set realistic and achievable goals
CBT can help a person to lose weight by:
Assist in changing the faulty thoughts about: losing weight, dieting, self- image, effort, exercise and ability to be disciplined
- Helping a person control their diet
- Helping to increase motivation to do exercise
- Provide coping skills to handle any lapses in diet that the person will experience
- Provide long term weight maintenance skills
- Changing a person’s body image and their expectation of body image
- Improving a person’s self esteem
- Helping with stress management (a major reason for ‘comfort eating’)
- Helping set reasonable goals for both weight loss and maintenance.
Please Contact Today For An Appointment: (818) 618-8830
Dr. Edward Giaquinto, Ph.D. - A licensed, clinical psychologist who has been assisting people in improving their life by increasing their emotional and mental health.